Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

2020 matariki day and why we should celebrate matariki 2020 wrting

Hi my name is Tahliyah and last week friday every single student that was at school on friday did some fun activities throughout the whole day and the group I got put in ewas art and craft and what I gotta do is to draw the galaxy and to make it really nice and than I posted the artwork I did last week on friday.And some people may wonder what is matariki is and what do you do or might not know what the night trail is and so I will be telling you why. For some iwi, Matariki is connected to the creation story of Ranginui and Papatūānuku. One Matariki story is about when Tāwhirimātea god of the wind discovered that his parents, Ranginui  the sky father and  Papatūānuku the earth mother, had been separated. and so that is why matariki is very important. And also why New zealand should celebrate the maori new year is to support the maori new year and to come and celebrate their culture. please look up to see the beautiful artwork I did hope you enjoy my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment